The Attorney’s Handbook on Consumer Bankruptcy and Chapter 13
The Chapter 7 and 13 Bankruptcy Book for Attorneys Since 1978
“Your products are amazing. I have been running a bankruptcy department for a few years and no other reference guides have come close to how organized and accessible you make your reference manuals… It’s our go-to guide.” – A. Feriente, First Source Law Bankruptcy Department.
41st Edition, 2017
By Harvey J. Williamson, Attorney at Law
This latest edition of The Consumer Bankruptcy Handbook is current to January 1, 2017 and covers all aspects of handling Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 cases. Included, for free, are Argyle’s Bankruptcy Forms and Documents.
Argyle’s Attorney’s Handbook on Consumer Bankruptcy and Chapter 13 is a required resource for all bankruptcy attorneys. It’s no wonder this book has been Argyle’s bestseller for 40 years. This Handbook empowers you to competently handle a client’s Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy, or to represent a creditor in one of these proceedings.
This Handbook shows you how to:
- Analyze a client-debtor’s financial situation and analyze nonbankruptcy alternatives.
- Understand the difference between Chapters 7 and 13 bankruptcies
- Conduct a means-test to determine eligibility under Chapter 7
- Interview a potential client-debtor.
- Prepare Chapter 7 bankruptcy forms, including official forms
- Prepare Chapter 13 bankruptcy forms, including official forms
- Claim all exemptions to which your client is entitled
- Analyze the automatic stay
- Reaffirm dischargeable debts.
- Dismiss or convert a case to another Chapter.
- Prepare a confirmable Chapter 13 Plan
The perfect “nuts and bolts” practice guide, exemption manual, Bankruptcy Code, and Rules all in one package. This handbook is perfect for attorneys seeking to expand their practice into consumer bankruptcy, or is a handy desk reference for experienced bankruptcy lawyers. This 508-page handbook contains:
- Information and samples of the new Bankruptcy Forms current to January 1, 2017
- Exemption amounts for all 50 states with statutory references–over 2,300 separate exemptions!
- All changes in bankruptcy law, practice, and procedure current to January 1, 2017 related to the handling of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 consumer cases
- The relevant text of the Bankruptcy Code current to January 1, 2017
- The notices and disclosures required of attorneys under the Bankruptcy Code
- Expanded bankruptcy work sheets and updated lists of exempt property for each state current to January 1, 2017
- Filled-in sample forms required under the Bankruptcy Code (more than 35 filled-in forms)
- The Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure, current to January 1, 2017
ARGYLE’S BANKRUPTCY DOCUMENTS AND FORMS ARE INCLUDED, FOR FREE, and are Downloadable from Argyle’s Website.
FREE DOWNLOADABLE FORMS INCLUDE:
- Electronic searchable copy of the Handbook (in PDF format)
- All Federal Bankruptcy Forms in PDF format.
- Entire Text of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Entire Text of the Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Exemption tables for all 50 states
Expand your practice area or continue to provide solid legal advice by staying current with emerging trends in consumer bankruptcy with this 2017 Edition of the Attorney’s Handbook on Consumer Bankruptcy and Ch. 13.
NOTE: The eBook comes in PDF format.